- I boot my fedora 19 live usb, got to the graphical part. I am supposed to be greeted by the user log-in dialog but instead, I only got the wallpaper, nothing else. I can still move my mouse pointer around.
- Fedora 19 LiveUSB
- Intel Atom D510 Motherboard
- Turns out that I am seeing only a part of the desktop, probably 1/4 only.
- I read somewhere that fedora might have detected a non existing display with very big resolution, that is why I can see only a portion of the desktop.
- boot LiveUSB or LiveCD
- select Live Mode and press TAB to edit options
- add video=LVDS-1:d at the end of the command and press enter
- this should fix the problem